#3 SINGER 4411 Extra-High Sewing Speed Sewing MachineBuy from Amazon
• One of the biggest features of this Singer model is the ability to sew at speed; it is thought that the machine can run at around 1,100 stitches per minute. With this in mind, it can offer a professional-looking finish in just a short amount of time. With slower machines, it can take a lot longer to get the job done but this is more efficient.
• Furthermore, its heavy-duty frame ensures that users experience absolutely no movement when attempting to sew. One of the main problems that can arise with machines made from a lighter material, like plastic, is that it can wobble or vibrate when trying to sew heavier fabrics. When this occurs, it can affect accuracy and the end result but with this Singer 4411 option, this won’t be a problem.
• Included with the device is 11 built-in stitches which is quite a lot less than some of the other products available but will be enough if you’re only going to be completing simple tasks. Despite there being less stitching options, feeding the fabric will be pain-free thanks to the stainless steel bed plate. With this smooth surface, fabric shouldn’t bunch up and you should be able to make the most of the 1,100 stitches per minute with ease.
• Finally, setting up is extremely easy thanks to the easy-to-load system put in place. With the top drop-in bobbin, you will be able to get started very quickly without fiddling around too much; a clear cover also makes it easy to check without having to lift a panel or coloured lid.
Pros & Cons
• As long as you have the right needle in place and you replace it often to keep it clean and sharp, this machine will work through thick fabrics easily. With some sewing machines, you will find that they aren’t as efficient at working through thick fabrics as they suggest the product should be. However, Singer can back up their claims and multiple layers of material will also be easy to process.
• Another benefit of this machine is that you can control the speed of the stitching which is perfect for beginners. Experts may be able to stitch at the top speed but if you haven’t had as much practice, you may want to get used to the machine at a lower speed.
• Aside from these two main points, you will also benefit from even stitches, an adjustable presser foot pressure, a strong motor and a good price. Unless the machine is put through extremely heavy fabrics for extended periods of time with no break, there shouldn’t ever be a problem with the motor.
• For those that like to use a touch screen or push button features, this is something you will have to forgo if you are to buy this product. The design is very much ‘old school’ in that it boasts dials and a few simple controls rather than fancy LED screens. If this is important to you, it may be worth looking towards other products in the market; it is also important to note that there isn’t any way to connect the device to the computer. With these things in mind, it can make it hard for beginners as there aren’t too many instructions and easy-to-navigate settings.
• Also, although this is a small complaint, the machine can be loud. Many years ago, this wouldn’t be a problem at all but since the introduction of almost-silent machines, this Singer model would have to be considered as noisy. Again, this is only a problem if you are looking for a quiet device.
Q: Does it come with a warranty?
A: If you’re worried about something going wrong, you will be covered in different areas for different amounts of time. Firstly, the main unit and its various parts are all under warranty for 25 years. However, the motor is only under warranty for two years and some other parts, including lamps and belts, are only covered for 90 days.
Q: Is it easy to thread?
A: Setting up the product is extremely easy and if you do happen to run into any troubles, there are tutorial videos on the internet and even on the Singer website itself.
In terms of its price, it is extremely reasonable and can be found at the lower end of the market. As you will see below, we have found a number of reputable online sellers that stock this product;
Amazon – $119.00
McCall’s – $149.99
Walmart – $154.39
Overstock – $169.99
From the four listed, Amazon offers the best price and you will also benefit from efficient delivery and aftercare. As it is over a certain amount, you will receive free shipping with Amazon but you also have the option to pay extra if you want it sooner.
On the whole, the Singer 4411 sewing machine is a good product. Not only will it last for years to come, you will be able to sew thick, tough materials such as leather. If you’re a beginner, you may want to look for a machine that offers more buttons or a screen but you should still be able to operate this Singer model. All in all, a good product for a fantastic price.
Buying a sewing machine is a big decision because if you get it right, it could be your companion for years to come. However, get it wrong and you could spend half of your days on the phone to the manufacturer trying to find replacement parts and accessories.
As a result, we have decided to review some of the most popular options on the market. Whether you want to know the key features, benefits, drawbacks, or simply compare prices, we can help.
Here, we have the Singer 4411 Sewing Machine which has its similarities to the 4423 model but has key differences. When you have read through this one, why not click on one of our others to compare and contrast? By the end, you should be able to make an educated decision on what sewing machine you will purchase.
Check out what other people who purchased this product think about it. Read Brother XR3774 sewing machine reviews.
ReviewsBuy from Amazon