#6 SINGER 2259 Tradition Free-Arm 19-Stitch Sewing MachineBuy from Amazon
• With the Singer 2259, you will have access to 19 built-in stitches including a four-step buttonhole process. In truth, you will find devices that have more stitches but this is enough for a beginner who isn’t looking to complete any drastic tasks. If you’re looking for a machine that will help you to complete simple jobs, this is perfect. Similarly, you will find buttonhole processes that take just one-step but the system on this device is still easy-to-use.
• In addition to this, the machine also allows the stitches to be chosen easier than ever before. When completing multiple jobs at once, you may need to switch between different stitches and with other machines, this can be made hard. However, it is a straight forward task for this Singer model.
• The frame that supports the machine is also considered ‘heavy duty’ which means that it will stay still when sewing heavier fabrics and it will last for a long time. When sewing machines move around, it can be difficult to maintain a level of accuracy but this isn’t a problem with the 2259 model.
• The device comes with a number of accessories which all help to make your experience easier and more enjoyable. When ordering this device, you will also receive an all-purpose foot, zipper foot, two thread spool caps, button sewing foot, buttonhole foot, bobbins, needles, screwdriver, quilting guide, seam ripper/lint brush, and more.
• Finally, the free arm is particularly useful when working on cuffs and collars. Sometimes, difficult to reach areas are made even harder by a fixed arm but luckily, you will be able to move the arm into a position you feel comfortable with before proceeding. Included in the arm is a storage facility that holds all your accessories in one place so they never get lost.
Pros & Cons
• Although we are going to go through the pricing guide a little later, it should be noted that the machine comes in under $100 which makes it one of Singer’s cheapest products on the market. Considering everything that comes with the machine, it is a fantastic piece of equipment for a beginner. Often, sewing machines present a bit of an investment but this one allows beginners to test the waters.
• Secondly, the amount of accessories that come with this machine should also be seen as a huge bonus. Sometimes, you don’t quite get everything you need so you have to create separate orders which means that you could end up getting the machine without being able to use it. With the Singer 2259, you have everything you need to get started right away.
• Additionally, it also caters to everyone because beginners can use simple settings whilst more experience users can tailor the machine to their liking. With a simple stitch dial and an adjustable stitch length option, everyone can find the right settings for the job at hand and the results should be just as good.
• If you want to make good use of the heavy duty frame, you may want to invest in a much stronger needle. Although the needle provided is good, it won’t be able to compete with some of the better options available and you may find yourself getting frustrated when trying to tackle heavier fabrics. Once you have this needle, the machine will work much more efficiently and you will immediately notice the difference.
• Also, some users have complained that the feet come off easily if knocked. Although they snap back into place within a couple of seconds, this can really ruin the flow of sewing and you may find yourself getting frustrated. Of course, this might not be a deal-breaker but it is something you should consider before you purchase.
Q: How much does the unit weigh?
A: In total, the weight of the unit comes to around 15 lbs which makes it fairly easy to move around. Normally, it will be kept in one position but if you do need to move it for whatever reason, it should be a simple task.
Q: Does it have a light?
A: Yes, this model does have a 10 watt bulb which is positioned above the needle. What’s more, the bulb can be replaced when its life comes to an end.
Q: Does it come with a case?
A: The product doesn’t come with its own case but you will find plenty of universal cases online that fit this machine. Singer even produces their own sewing machine case that is a universal size.
As mentioned previously, this is one of the cheapest products on the market and the cheapest that we have in this review series. Below, you will see a list of prices;
Amazon – $97.50
Overstock – $109.97
Michaels – $99.99
eBay – $122.87
Overall, this is a fantastic piece of equipment for beginners. If you’re more advanced and looking for a second machine, you may find a more expensive option to be more to your liking. However, if this will be your first, it is a great machine to get used to how sewing works and the features to use.
The price makes it a great investment, especially considering the amount of accessories that come with the device. Some experts may even choose this product if they need a backup or a second machine for a different location.
When it comes to sewing machines, you need to make the right decision or else face months and years of regret. For this reason, we are comparing some of the most popular choices that are available. After we go through the Singer 2259 model, you can form a judgement before looking at the other models we have reviewed to help you make a decision.
Not only will you see the main features, you can also look at each product’s benefits and drawbacks at a glance. So let’s head into this review and find out whether it is worth your hard-earned money.
Check out what other people who purchased this product think about it. Read Brother XR3774 sewing machine reviews.
ReviewsBuy from Amazon